Friday, February 20, 2009

{ for the love of sewing }


so this is my christmas slash birthday present.
these pictures were taken last january, the night i got my sewing machine.

our dining table has not seen much dinners since then.
kj and i eat our dinner in front of the telly. *gasp* don't tell our mem.

excuse the wonkiness, i'm still learning the works.
i finished a big lunchbag for kj, a journal pouch for me, and another pouch for kj's small electronics and headphone.

this is the lunchbag i made for him, and it's wide and big enough for his breadbox, fruitbox, a coffee mug, and a cup of yoghurt. a banana will fit in nicely on top too. it's made of sturdy canvas on the outside, and dotted cotton on the inside. it closes by folding the flaps to one side and tying with the ribbons from the same cotton fabric which i then sewed on the flap.

i finished all these the week we bought the machine. i've also done one big shopping bag for my mother-in-law with a patchwork of her initials, more wonky pouch bags, and a pretty tote bag for the birthday giveaway.

more sewing projects soon!

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, pretty new sewing machine and it has great results ^_^ I love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Odette, God has given you many talents! You are a writer, a crafter, a good wife, a loving person, etc...etc...the list is endless... Thanks be to HIM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi... found your blog through Redlan's arts and crafts blog. I am so envious of the pretty things that you churn out. I am planning to create my crochet blog as well but still thinking about it. Will stop by from time to time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice, 'dette. it seems you're making more use of your new sewing machine much more than i've been making use of my 10-year old singer hehe. how about making a handbag organizer? i've seen it on the net somewhere. it's something with many pockets to hold your purse and other knick-knacks so if you change handbags, you just transfer the handbag organizer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good night,
    I would like to buy you some items and was unsesefull.

    Do e-mail me at:
    arts.and.cards@gmail.com

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete